Mixing is a fusion of technical skills and art. While using EQ, compression and other types of processing, I shape every sound of a song to turn a raw project into a perfectly balanced mix which provides the most emotional impression on a listener.
Music mixing includes:
- volume and pan adjustment
- space treatment (reverberation, delay)
HOW THAT WORKS:
1. Contact me by any means convenient for you: email, Skype, FB messenger. Please enclose such information concerning your song with the message as a title, tempo, genre, number of tracks in your project, a list of your special requirements for a future mix. If you send commercially released reference songs, it will also help me very much.
2. Bounce your song as individual instrumental/vocal tracks (WAV, AIFF 44.1/48 kHz 16/24 bit). It’s important that all tracks should be exported from zero point of the session even if there is blank space. Remember to turn off any processing on tracks before bouncing.
3. Provide me with your audio files: share your Dropbox folder or send them compressed in archive with any file sharing service you prefer (Gobbler, Wetransfer etc.).
4. Once I have received your files and checked whether there are any problems, I will perform a mix on your song by using the full range of analog and digital tools that are at my disposal.
5. When the mix has been done, I’ll send you a high resolution audio so that you could provide your feedback about the mix.
6. If any changes are being required, I’ll tweak the mix and send a new edit to you.
7. Once the mix has been completed, you’ll get your song’s 48 kHz 24 bit audio ready for mastering.
Audio mastering is a final and extremely important stage to provide your song with even more character and extra gloss.
When the song is being mastered, it’s going through several processing stages:
- sub lows filtering (optional)
- stereo image treatment
- compression (including multi band compression to emphasize sounds separation and/or shape band sound of particular frequencies)
Another task of music mastering is to bring some consistency to separate songs to make them sound like one album, EP.
HOW THAT WORKS:
1. To make a request about my online mastering services, contact me through email, Skype or FB.
2. Make sure that all effects on master bus of your DAW (equalizers, compressors, limiters etc.) are turned off; otherwise it will make mastering impossible.
3. Bounce your song(s) as WAV/AIFF file 44.1/48 kHz 16/24 bit. It’s important to leave on average -6/-3 db head room on the track as it facilitates mastering process.
4. Send the file to me by the means you prefer (Dropbox, Wetransfer, Gobbler or other file sharing service).
5. Once I got file(s), I’ll polish your music to get it ready for releasing and sending back to you.
- Name accurately all the audio files (lead vocal, harmony, kick, snare, bass etc.).
- In spite of the common practice to record the strongest signal, please make sure that you don’t let audio clip/peak at all. The files with such artifacts are unsuitable for mixing that’s why I won’t be able to support an ideal mix sound.
- If your project contains guitars recorded with an amp emulator, please include clean DI tracks to the archive and amp preset used for recording. It will give me much more flexibility during mixing process.
- Please apply the MP3 preview track to give me general idea of your song.